Hiring Door-Knockers (Canvassers)
- Place ads to acquire students throughout February and March at local high schools, colleges, universities.
- Interview applicants based on friendly and outgoing attitude, professional appearance, good verbal skills.
- Offer 3 hours a day – 7 days a week (4 to 7pm – Monday to Friday; 10am to 1pm Saturday; 11am to 1pm Sunday).
- Suggested compensation – $7.00 per lead (leads to be verified by Sales staff).
- Expectation = approximately 3 leads per hour ($21/hr) plus incentives.
- One door-knocker covers 25-35 homes per hour – 100 in a three hour period.
- Plan and map priority neighborhood areas. Block areas off once covered.
- Plan for over 500 homes per shift – 3500 in a week.
- 50% of the people home and four homes in 50 will be agreeable to a free estimate (8% response rate). That’s 2.4 leads per hour.
- Expect over 33% to close.
- Of the 50% not home; expect less than 1% to call back from door hanger (.0075) – even with an exceptional offer.
- The door-knocker must be friendly and professional in appearance.
- Hours worked are best experimented with locally as to when people are home and receptive. We suggest 3 hour shifts, seven days a week, with 4 PM to 7 PM during the week and 10 AM to 1 PM on Saturdays and 11 AM to 2 PM on Sundays.
- Meet at your place of business or get picked-up on route to the neighborhood site.
- One student works each side of street – three teams, 6 door-knockers (have minimum two reserves, in case of no-shows).
Challenge teams with goals.
- Students fill out a door hanger, with price per app and price for aeration (special introductory offer).
- A brochure is also provided which speaks to the ‘Brand,’ the list of services and programs, and the guarantee.
- Students knock on the door, tell who they are and whom they represent. Power statement is provided which gives Brand differentiation. They then ask if the homeowner would like a free lawn analysis and quotation for improvement.
- If no, they leave door-hanger, and suggest they can reconsider and call back at any time).
- If yes, leave the brochure and have qualified sales person stop by within the hour.
Forecasted Results Based on Assumptions:
- (9 Person Crew, Supervisor 6 Door Knockers & 2 Sales People)
- 6 Door-Knockers @ 2.4 leads per hour; 7.2 per shift (43/day)
- 43 leads closing at 33% = 14 sales /day; 100 per week
- 3600 leads; 1,200 sales
- Average sale value, $250.00
- Annual revenue $300,000.00 Campaign C
Design. Print. Ship.
Yes, it’s that easy when you use Real Green Printing. We can create your jobs from start to finish. Hand out custom print materials announcing your new social media program. Leave these custom sized cards behind as a reminder you’ve gone social.
- Custom Sizes Available
- Full Color with Bleeds
- Custom Paper Choices
Strike Marketing Gold will be back and dates fill up fast. Click the link below to view the new 2017 schedule.
This event is held at the Real Green office in Walled Lake, Michigan. Meet with Real Green experts and develop your new marketing plan. The event is free and space is limited. Over 50 different companies visited last year.
Don’t miss your chance to strike gold.